Our client, a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals, is seeking a Sales Director – Ag to oversee all sales related activities pertaining to the Agriculture industry and manage 3-4 sales representatives. This position is office-based in central New Jersey. (Will not consider remote-home office as this is a leadership team position).
- Recruitment, staffing & training of sales department
- Establish compensation packages for sales
- Develop 3 year sales plan and annual budgets.
- Act as a liaison with other departments on any sales related issues.
Account Strategy Development
- Develop account plans for key accounts working jointly with Marketing and Sales; Visiting key accounts with sales reps.
- Establish relationships with key decision makers; reviewing and commenting on all sales reports including visit reports and quarterly reports.
- Monitor new business forecasts and lost business and assigning account coverage.
- Determine global key accounts and execute sales strategies with key decision makers.
- Implement price increases when necessary and evaluate special price requests.
- Work with Sales Managers in developing Growth Incentive Programs at key accounts.
- Monitor all pricing to be certain correct prices are being invoiced with sufficient margins.
Perform all duties within the Company’s Safety, Health and environmental regulations. All other duties assigned by management.
Must have: 5-10 years of sales experience in the chemical industry with progressive levels of responsibility
Must have: 5 years of sales management experience in the chemical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Advanced negotiation courses, management and technical courses highly desired
- Proficient in MS Office
- Extensive travel required – must be able to travel by plane or car
- Good understanding of customer and competitor interactions
- Ability to deliver effective business relations at all levels, internally and externally
- A good understanding of the industry & market trends
- Strong cross cultural sensitivity and good people management credentials
- Self-motivated with the ability to cope with stress/pressure
- Good prioritization and organizational skills